The Blocher farmhouse is located on the Table Rock Road (150 Table Rock Road), off Route 34, just north of Gettysburg. The farm was the residence of John Blocher, a local weaver at the time of the battle. It was built in the 1820s after Blocher purchased the property from John Patterson in June of 1823. During the Battle of Gettysburg the house was used by soldiers of the 17th Pennsylvania cavalry who performed picket duty on the Carlisle Road north of Gettysburg. On July 1, 1863 the cavalrymen were driven out of the farm area by soldiers of General Dole’s Georgia brigade. The farm was later used as an aid station and temporary field hospital.
The house is the only surviving structure. It is a one and a half story home of German style made of granite walls on a granite foundation. It came into the NPS in 1978. Occasionally, the house is opened to the public.