Bream’s Mill

Bream’s Mill was a 3-story flour and saw mill. In 1896, the mill was destroyed by a fire. There is nothing left of the mill, not even the stone foundation. The manager of the mill, William E. Myers, died in 1896 and is buried in Evergreen Cemetery.

This site served as a field hospital; General Kemper was initially treated here. This is Confederate Hospital #17 on the Adams County Historic field hospital tour.