The Monuments and Memorials of the Gettysburg Campaign
Guinn Farm
The Catherine Guinn farm is located on the east side of the Taneytown Road, just south of the Gettysburg National Cemetery. At the time of the battle, the house was a two-story log structure. The farm was used as an aid station by Hays’ Division of the Union Second Corps. Soldiers from the 8th Ohio, 111th New York, and 125th New York were buried on the property.
The original house dated to 1776. It has been replaced by a more modern structure which is used by the National Park Service rangers.