Lady Farm

The beautiful 146-acre Daniel Lady Farm (1008 Hanover St., Gettysburg) is owned by the Gettysburg Battlefield Preservation Association (formed in 1959). The farm served as a staging area for Major General Edward Johnson’s Confederate attack on Culp’s Hill and was used as a field hospital by the artillery of Ewell’s Corps during the battle. Alpheus Williams’ Division of the Union XII Corps also spent time here on July 1.

The Lady Farm is about a half mile northeast of Rock Creek, near Benner’s Hill. Lee likely spent part of the evening of July 1 here. The barn dates to 1842; the stone house dates to the 1820s.

The Daniel Lady Farm is Confederate Hospital #2 on the Adams County tour of field hospitals.